|Phase No.||Description of the phase||Max
|Duration of exams||Selection Procedure|
|For VI std.:
There will be 5 experiments of 6 marks each based on general science.
|For IX std. :
a) Physics: 1 experiment
|b) Chemistry: 1 experiment||10||10 min|
|c) Biology: 10 questions based on 10 specimens||10||10 min|
Notice: Undefined index: align in /home/msta/public_html/wp-content/plugins/so-widgets-bundle/widgets/headline/headline.php on line 466
STANDARD VI - SAMPLE PRACTICALS
- Some soil and soaked pulses are put in a sieve and the sieve is placed on a stand. In which direction the sprouts will come out of the pulses? Why?
- Observe the specimen of the vine .State the function of the pointed part (tendril).
- Observe the specimens .Divide them in to chordates and non chordates (Specimens like fish, fly, earthworm, crab, butterfly, lizard etc)
- Wind the given thread around the given pencil without overlapping or gaps between the winds. Take measurements to find the approximate radius of the thread.
- An object and a 100 gram weight are placed in the given pans. State whether the object is a)less than 100 grams2) more than 100 grams or 3) equal to 100 grams.
- Find out the surface area of the given objects using the materials provided.
- Without using any measuring scale find out the length of the object.
- Measure the oscillations of the pendulum per minute using the given instrument.
- Bounce the given balls from a same height. Which ball bouncing more? State the reason.
- Identify the most and least powerful magnet.
- Identify the lever used in the machine.
- Identify the energy conversion in the working of the toy.
- Which of the following objects can be used to produce biogas? (Specimen – Plastic flowers, paper flowers, real flowers)
- Observe the given specimen and identify the labeled parts ( Parts of digestive system of a rat)
- Form appropriate food chains using the correct animals. Each chain must contain at least three animals.
- Observe the given specimen. Find out the average number of plants per unit (Total number of plants/number of units of the container).
- Observe the given table and answer the questions.( Ex. Table of vaccination for a newborn and questions based on it)
- Observe the given specimens and fill in the blanks .( samples of Shark and Bangda and questions based on their structure like size of scales, position of mouth, shape of tail etc.)
- Observe the samples of fruits, flowers, stems, leaves and answer the questions or match the columns.
- Draw a simple diagram of the given specimen and label the ……. ( Fins of fish, calyx of hibiscus, spines of Opuntia etc)