Dr. Homi Bhabha Balvaidnyanik Competition is conducted by The Mumbai Science Teachers' Association since 1981 to encourage students to take interest in science, to inculcate scientific attitude and to search science talent in students and motive them towords basic sciences as well as to clear the scientific concepts among students. This competition is conducted for the students studying only in VIth and IXth Std. of English and Marathi Medium of all boards
Structure of the Competition
|Phase No.||Description of the phase||Max
|Duration of exams||Selection Procedure|
|Written test :
100 multiple choice questions based on science & G.K.in science
|For VI std.:
There will be 5 experiments of 6 marks each based on general science.
(6 min per experiment)
|For IX std. :
a) Physics: 1 experiment
|b) Chemistry: 1 experiment||10||10 min|
|c) Biology: 10 questions based on 10 specimens||10||10 min|
a) General interview
5 to 10 min.
Considering 30% marks of Phase I, + Marks of Phase II & Phase III
|b) Evaluation of action research project||30||5 to 10 min.|
- MUMBAI : Mumbai and Mumbai suburban’s
- THANE& KOKAN: Thane, Palghar, Raigad, Ratnagiri Sindhudug Districts
- PUNE-NASHIK : Pune, Satara, Sangli,Solapur, Kolhapur, Ahmadnagar, Nashik, Dhule, Jalgaon, Nandurbar, Aurangabad, Jalna, Beed, Latur, Osmanabad, Nanded. Hingoli, Parbhani.
- VIDHARBH : Akola, Buldhana, Washim, Yavatmal, Wardha, Nagpur, Bhandara, Gondia, Gadchiroli, Chandrapur,
- Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Trophy – To School, - For remarkable performance which bags maximum medals.
- Vidnyan Jattha Trophy – To School, - For maximum participation. (Separate trophy in above categories for each region)
ENTRY FEE (Per student) –
- 190 /- For All region & All types of schools.
- Download Circular for more details
How to pay registration fee.
Collect the fee as above.Keep Rs. 10/- per student with School as processing fee of entire competition.
Deposit remaining amount (Rs.180 /- per student) through any branch of State Bank of India in favour of The Greater Bombay Science Teachers’ Association’, current A/C No. 36494310194, Branch : Malad (W), IFSC Code : SBIN0000552.
- To deposit the fees download SBI Bank’s challan after school login & fill up it carefully.
Get the transaction ID or J No. from SBI Bank and note it on paying slip.Note that Transaction ID/J-No. is necessary for online registration.
- Use only one challan for both 6th & 9th Std.
Registration Process -
Registration for the competition should be done by online and through school only
- Registration done by individual or through private classes will not be considered at any circumstances.
Students from Semi-English medium school can choose only one medium either English or Marathi. Once the student selects the medium, it cannot be changed. It will remain same for all the remaining phases of the competition.
While filing up entry form :-
A) If your School is registered before or last year.
- Log on to www.msta.in and Click on ‘Apply online’ to Login your School.
- Use your last year’s login ID & password in ‘School Login’ which will be send by MSTA on your registered school E-mail ID & by SMS. Dont register your School again clicking on ‘New School Registration’.
- Your School information will be desplayed on screen make sure and confirm school details. Make necessary changes if required. And click on ‘update’ button.
B) If your School is not registered before.
- Log on to www.msta.in and Click on ‘Apply online’
- Click on ‘New School Registration.’ It is mandatory.
- Fill in all the details of school correctly. Don’t use any short form and signs.
- While filing above information write complete postal address of school with pincode. In case of incomplete address M.S.T.A. will not responsible for the delay of correspondence.
- After filing all the detail correctly click on ‘submit’
- Now you will get the ‘login Id’ and ‘password’ of your school. It will be e-mailed on your school e-mail Id as well sms will be sent on mobile number of HM & Incharge science teacher which are registered at the time of school registration.
- This login Id and password is unique for each school. But it will be common for all the students (VI and IX) of same school.
- Once you get the Login Id and passward you have to keep ready the students list in the following format.
|Sr.No.||Name of candidate (in capital letter)||M/F||Std.||Medium||Mob. No. of||Email ID of|
|Surname||First Name||Middle Name||6/9||Mar/Eng||Parents||Parents|
Student Registration :-
(Note :- To register your students frist deposit the fee in SBI Bank. Before deposit the exam fee you can’t register your students)
- Log on to www.msta.in
- Click on school Login and enter your Login and password.
- Click on add fees and fill up all details. Uplod Scan copy of challan (fee recipt) and then click on submit button. (Total amount must be in multiple of Rs. 180/-)
- Now you can enter the student details one by one by clicking on ‘Add student’ button.
- If there are more number of students you can register your all students at once using ‘Bulk Registration’.
- For bulk registration click on ‘Bulk Registration’.
- Download template and Save on Desktop then Log out.
- Open saved file of template on Desktop and fill details of all students and save file.
- Then Log on using school login and click on ‘Bulk Registration’ then click on upload student. Browse and select the file template saved on desktop and click on upload.
- Now you will see list of all students.
- Save this file by clicking on save button and also take a printout.
- You can edit and correct the students details by clicking on action button provided in front of student name.
Ensure that you do all corrections in registration period only. Failing to which you cannot change it at any stage of the competition.
- After complitation of registration send students list and scan copy of challan by email on our email Id firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are unable to register all the student at a particular time or a day you may login again, register the remaining students using same procedure. (use same log in Id and password)
- In case, some additional students want to appear for the competition, deposit their fees in the bank and take new ‘J’ number or transaction ID from bank. By using same login Id and passward follow the same above procedure.
- After completion of your registration, you will get email for the students enrolled.
- If the registration fees amount and number of students does not tally, entries of additional students stands cancelled.
- No replacement is allowed in case, if any candidate does not appear (remains absent) for the competition. Fees once paid is non refundable.
- ‘On the spot entries’ will not be allowed at any center at any circumtances.
- It is likely that, students from other schools may appear for the competiton in your school or students from your school may have to go to other school. Your kind co-operation is beseeched. Your school may be the center for the written competition.
- MSTA ensures that no injustice is done to any student. Please note that no rechecking will be entertained at any stage of the competition.
Note - More information about written test is given in the Brochures which is available on our website www.msta.in. Please make it available for each candidate.