Dr. Homi Bhabha Balvaidnyanik Competition is conducted by Greater Bombay Science Teachers' Association since 1981. This unique four stage competition aims at arousing curiosity, problem solving attitude along with development of precision in observational and motor skills in young scientists. Through the competition GBSTA also aims at sensitizing students towards their immediate environment and dare to take rational initiatives whenever needed.
- Who can participate: - Students studying only in 6th std. and 9th std.
- Medium :- English and Marathi
( Note :- Students from Semi-English section can go for English or Marathi medium as per their comfort level. Selected medium will remain the same for ALL further stages of the competition. NO CHANGE IN THE SELECTED MEDIUM IS PERMITTED BY GBSTA).
- Boards :- All Boards ( Maharashtra SSC / CBSE / ICSE / IB / OTHER STATE boards )
- Regions :-
- MUMBAI : Mumbai and Mumbai Suburban.
- THANE : Thane, Palghar, Raigad.
- PUNE : Pune, Solapur, Ahmadnagar.
- NASHIK : Nashik, Dhule, Jalgaon, Nandurbar.
- KOLHAPUR : Kolhapur, Satara, Sangli, Ratnagiri & Sindhudurg.
- AURANGABAD : Aurangabad, Jalna, Beed, Latur, Osmanabad, Nanded, Hingoli, Parbhani.
- VIDHARBH : Akola, Buldhana, Amravati, Washim, Yavatmal, Wardha, Nagpur, Bhandara, Gondia, Gadchiroli, Chandrapur
- OTHER THAN MAHARASHTRA : All states in India and abroad countries.
DR. HOMI BHABHA BALVAIDNYANIK COMPETITION SCHEDULE 2022-23
Please Note: This year also DHBBVC Theory Competition will be held Online
|1||Accepting online entry forms (Registration)||Friday 8th July 2022 to
Monday 1st August 2022 till midnight
|2||Accepting online entry forms with late fee||Tuesday 2nd August 2022 to
Saturday 13th August 2022 @ 5 pm.(with late fee of Rs 50 per student)
|3||Offline Theory competition||26th November 2022 (3.00 to 5.00 pm)|
|4||Result of theory competition||Last week of December 2022|
|5||Offline Practical competition||Std: IX th Sunday 15th January 2023
Std: VIth Sunday 22nd January 2023
|6||Result of practical competition||First Week of February 2023|
|7||Submission of action research project report through mail||Sunday 12th March 2023|
|8||Offline General Interview||Sunday 19th March 2023|
|9||Offline Action Research Project Interview||Sunday 19th March 2023|
|10||Prize Distribution Ceremony||Sunday 16th April 2023|
Please Note : Organizer’s reserve the rights to make changes in schedule and in mode of competition at any stage of the competition.
Contacts : For any query regarding the REGISTRATION process
Call only between 9.00 a.m. To 06.00 p.m
|Region||Co-coordinator||Mobile Number||Co-coordinator||Mobile Number|
|Mumbai Region||Smt.Amruta Sawant||9167335197||Shri.Mahadev Yadav||9221350354|
|Thane Region||Shri.Jayant Ghadge||9867906129||Shri.Satish Gholap||9222444171|
|Pune Region||Shri.Vivek Chavan||9892752824||Shri.Deelip Satpute||9082951645|
|Kolhapur Region||Dr. Sanjay Mohite||8169025026||Shri.Vilas Manjalkar||9867359652|
|Nashik Region||Smt.Nayana Thorat||9867809686||Shri.Sanjay Kanse||9819176904|
|Aurangabad Region||Shri.Santaram Pawar||7506274117||Shri.Narayan Gite||8108177131|
|Vidarbha Region||Smt.Meenakshi Mane||9326956498||Shri.Sandeep Shinde||9594161578|
|Others Than Maharashtra
|Shri.Shrikant Shingare||9869634765||Dr.Nilima Mulgund||9819872361|
Less emphasis will be given for knowledge based questions and more emphasis for understanding, reasoning, correlation, application etc. Majority of the questions will be from Maharashtra state board science text books and Content related to the above from ICSE,IB and CBSE science textbooks. The questions related to general knowledge in science and science around day to day life.
- For 6th std.- Textbooks of 4th ,5th and 6th std. of Maharashtra State Board and Content related to the above from ICSE, IB and CBSE books
a) Approximately 10 % questions on 4th std. syllabus,
b) Approximately 20 % questions on 5th std. syllabus,
c) Approximately 60 % questions on 6th std. syllabus,
d) Approximately 10 % questions on General knowledge in science.
- For 9th std. - Textbooks of VII ,VIII and IX std of Maharashtra State Board and Content related to the above from ICSE,IB and CBSE books.
a) Approximately 10 % questions on 7th std. syllabus
b) Approximately 20 % questions on 8th std. syllabus,
c) Approximately 60 % questions on 9th std. syllabus,
d) Approximately 10 % questions on General knowledge in science
- For All regions & All types of Marathi medium schools (With Regular Fee) Rs. 220 /-
- For All regions & All types of English medium schools (With Regular Fee) Rs.320 /-
- For Individual student registration ( Students who are not able to register his /her name through school.) Rs. 500 /-
Stages of Competition :-
- Online theory competition
- Online practical competition
- Online General interview
- Online Evaluation and interview on action research project
Structure of the Competition
|Phase No.||Description of the phase||Max
|Duration of exams||Selection Procedure|
|Written test :
100 multiple choice questions based on science & General Knowledge in science as per standard
|For VI std.:
There will be 5 experiments of 6 marks each based on general science.
(6 min per experiment)
|For IX std. :
a) Physics: 1 experiment
|b) Chemistry: 1 experiment||10||10 min|
|c) Biology: 10 questions based on 10 specimens||10||10 min|
5 to 10 min.
Selection for Medal : Considering 30% marks of Phase I, + Marks score of (Phase II + Phase III + Phase IV)
|Evaluation of action research project and interview on action research work.||30||5 to 10 min.|
Other Prizes (Separate trophy in following categories for each region)
- Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Trophy (Lakshvedhi Gunvatta Puraskar ) To School, - For remarkable performance which bags maximum medals.
- Vidnyan Jattha Trophy ( Kamal Sahbhag Puraskar ) – To School, For maximum participation.
- A student can Register for the competition ONLINE; through school or individually.
- Registration through private classes or academy is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Students from Semi-English section can go for English or Marathi medium as per their comfort level. Selected medium will remain the same for ALL further stages of the competition. NO CHANGE IN THE SELECTED MEDIUM IS PERMITTED BY GBSTA).
- Go to www.msta.in and Click on ‘Apply online’.
- Click on ‘New School Registration.’ It is mandatory to register your school.
- Fill up all the details of school correctly. Don’t use any shortform and signs.
- While filing above information write complete postal address of school with pincode. In case of incomplete address GBSTA will not responsible for the delay of correspondence.[ Note: certificates will be dispatched on this address only]
- After filing all the details correctly click on ‘AGREE AND SUBMIT’
- Your login id and password will display on your screen and same will be send to you by sms on incharge teachers mobile number and mailed to school through email.
- This login Id and password is unique for each school. But it will be common for all the students (6th and 9th std.) of same school. Save this login id and passed for further communication.
- Click on Pay Students Fees. Enter no of students. Amount will be calculated automatically.
- You can order our authentic book for Dr. Homi Bhabha Balvaidnyanik Competition (Price of each book is Rs 250). Put no of books in appropriate box. The amount will be calculated automatically. Books will be posted on your school postal address within 10 working days.
- Click on PAY NOW.
- You will directed for payment . Choose your payment mode.
- After paying fees Click on Add Students to register the students.
After paying fees you can add students after half an our by login again.
Also your need to have with student's passport size photo (Maximum 2 MB jpg, png, jpeg), student's e-mail address and mobile number (Whatsapp) for quick and hassle-free registration process.
|Sr.No.||Name of candidate (in capital letter)||Gender||Std.||Medium||Date of Birth||Student's whatsapp Mob. No.||Student's Email Address||Student's Photo Image of Student|
|Surname||First Name||Middle Name||M/F||6/9||Mar/Eng|
You are requested to pay the competition fee online using following instructions & then register your students.
How to pay the competition fee online
- Collect the fee Rs. 220 /- per student for marathi medium(For English medium Rs.320 per student) Keep Rs. 20/- per student for School as processing fee of entire competition.
- Pay remaining fees amount online using payment gateway only. (Rs 200 for Marathi Medium and Rs 300 For English Medium).
- You can use Net banking , Debit Card , UPI Apps
- Choose your payment mode.
- Fill up all the details.
- Click on PAY NOW.
Student Registration through school
- Go on to www.msta.in
- Click on school Login and enter your Login Id and password.
- Now you can enter the student details one by one by clicking on ‘Add student’.
- Remember that you can fill information of 10 students and submit it at a time by clicking on bulk registration.
3) Individual Registration
- Go on to www.msta.in and Click on ‘Apply online’.
- Click on New Individual Registration.
- Put your mobile number in appropriate boxes.
- You will recieve OTP .Put that OTP in appropriate boxes to verify your mobile number.
- You can order our authentic book for Dr. Homi Bhabha Balvaidnyanik Competition. (Price of each book is Rs 200) If you click in the box, the amount will be calculated automatically with courier charges Rs 50.
- Click on pay now, you will be directed to Gateway of payment.
- You can order our authentic book for Dr. Homi Bhabha Balvaidnyanik Competition. (Price of each book is Rs 250) If you click in the box, the amount will be calculated automatically with courier charges Rs 50.
- Click on pay now, you will be directed to payment gateway.
- Choose your payment mode
- Fill your A/C details and click on pay now.
- If your registration is successful you will receive sms and email.
- You can view your result using same login process.
- No replacement is allowed in case, if any candidate does not appear (remains absent) for the competition. Fees once paid is non refundable.
- On the spot entries’ will not be allowed at any center at any circumstances.
- We ensure that no injustice is done to any student. Please note that no rechecking will be entertained at any stage of the competition.
Office land line Number: 022-28806995
Incharge of competition: Shri Suresh Jadhav 9221047057
Shri.Kailas Chavan Shri.Govind Gunjal Shri.Achutrao Mane
President Secretary Treasurer