Dr. Homi Bhabha Balvaidnyanik Competition is conducted by The Mumbai Science Teachers Association science 1981 for the student of std VI and IX of English and Marathi medium. This is the only competition conducted in four stages (i.e. written test, practical test, action research project and viva) this is unique feature of this competition. This is the reason why this competition is popular among students, parents and also teacher’s .Over 10+ lacs candidates have appeared so far for this competition. We have wide range of network in and out of Maharashtra. 250 centers and 30 sub centers are associated with us.
Structure of the Competition
|Phase No.||Description of the phase||Max
|Duration of exams||Selection Procedure|
100 multiple choice questions based on science & G.K.in science
|For VI std.:
There will be 5 experiments of 6 marks each based on general science.
(6 min per experiment)
|For IX std. :
a) Physics: 1 experiment
|b) Chemistry: 1 experiment||10||10 min|
|c) Biology: 10 questions based on 10 specimens||10||10 min|
5 to 10 min.
Considering 30% marks of Phase I, + Marks of Phase II & Phase III + marks phase IV
|Evaluation of action research project||30||5 to 10 min.|
- MUMBAI : Mumbai and Mumbai suburban’s
- THANE& KOKAN: Thane, Palghar, Raigad, Ratnagiri Sindhudug Districts
- PUNE-NASHIK Pune, Satara, Sangli,Solapur, Kolhapur,Ahmadnagar, Nashik, Dhule, Jalgaon, Nandurbar,
- WARDHA: Aurangabad, Jalna, Beed, Latur, Osmanabad, Nanded. Hingoli, Parbhani, Amaravati, Akola, Buldhana, Washim, Yavatmal, Wardha, Nagpur, Bhandara, Gondia, Gadchiroli, Chandrapur,
- Scholarship of Rs.500/- for IX std. English medium gold medalist from Thane region. In the memory of Omkar Bagayatkar sponsored by Mr. Ashok Bagayatkar
- Dr. Vikram Sarabhai Trophy – To School, - For remarkable performance which bags maximum medals.
- Vidnyan Jattha Trophy – To School, - For maximum participation
ENTRY FEE (Per student) –
- 190 /- For All region & All types of schools.
- 30 /- Late fee.
- Download Circular for more details
How to pay registration fee.
Collect the fee as above.Keep Rs. 10/- per student as processing fee of entire competition
Deposit remaining amount (Rs.180 /- per student) in favour of The Greater Bombay Science Teachers’ Association’ current A/C No. 32322190475 Malad (W) Branch of State Bank of India through any branch of SBI.
- To deposit the fees download SBI Bank’s challan form from www.msta.in & fill up it carefully
Get the transaction ID or J No. from SBI Bank and note it on paying slip.Note that Transaction ID/J-No. is necessary for online registration.
Registration Process -
Registration for the competition should be done by online and through school only
- Registration done by individual or through private classes will not be considered at any circumstances.
Students from Semi-English medium School can choose only one medium -either English or Marathi. Once the student selects the medium, it cannot be changed. It will remain same for all the remaining phases of the competition.
Registration for the competition should be done by online and through school only.
- Registration done by individual or through private classes will not be considered at any circumstances
- tudents from Semi-English medium School can choose only one medium -either English or Marathi. Once the student selects the medium, it cannot be changed. It will remain same for all the remaining phases of the competition.
While filing up entry form :- School Resitration
- Log on to www.msta.in
- Click on ‘Apply online’
- f the schools registered last year should use their last year’s login ID & password which will be send by MSTA on your school’s e-mail ID & by SMS. Then after you can register the students.
- The schools enrolling first time this year click on ‘New Register.’ It is mandatory.
- Fill in all the details correctly. Do not use any short form./li>
- while filing above information write complete postal address of school with pincode. In case of incomplete address M.S.T.A. will not responsible for the delay of correspondence.
- After filing all the detail correctly click on ‘continue’
- Now you will get the ‘login Id’ and password of your school. It will be e-mailed on your school e-mail Id as well sms will be sent on mobile number of science incharge teacher. Save this password and login Id for entire process of the competition.
- This login Id and password are unique for each school. But it will be common for all the students (VI and IX) of same school.
- Once you get the Login Id and passward you have to keep ready the students list in the following format.
|Sr.No.||Name of candidate (in capital letter)||M/F||Std.||Medium||Mob. No. of||Email ID of|
|Surname||First Name||Middle Name||6/9||Mar/Eng||Parents||Parents|
Student Registration :-
- Enter your login Id and passward below ‘Login to your Account’ and click on submit.
- Make sure that the information displayed on screen pertains to your school only. click on my profile to confirm your school details. You can update the your school details if required.
- Click on add fees and fill up all details. Then click on submit.
- You can enter the student details either by clicking on add student (one by one)
- For bulk registration click on upload student then click on download template. Save this template on your desktop. Now you can log out.
- Now open the saved template and fill all the details of students and save it.
- Now Log in to your Account and click on upload student, Then click on browse and select the saved template. (completely filled)
click on save, then upload your proper fee receipt
- Now click on export to excel and take a printout,
- You can edit students details by clicking on action button provided in front of student name
Ensure that you do all corrections in registration period only. Failing to which you cannot change it at any stage of the competition.
- If you are unable to register all the student at a particular time or a day you may login again, register the remaining students using same procedure. (use same log in Id and password)
- In case, some additional students want to appear for the competition, deposit their fees in the bank and take new ‘J’ number or transaction ID from bank. By using same login Id and passward follow the same above procedure.
- Every time you register the students, you will get email for the studentsenrolled at that time. (or at the end of day)
- f the registration fees amount and number of students does not tally, entries of additional students stands cancelled.
- No replacement is allowed in case, if any candidate does not appear (remains absent) for the competition. Fees once paid is non refundable.
- ‘On the spot entries’ will not be allowed at any center at any circumtances.
- It is likely that, students from other schools may appear for the competiton in your school or students from your school may have to go to other school. Your kind co-operation is beseeched. Your school may be the center for the written competition.
- MSTA ensures that no injustice is done to any student. Please note that no rechecking will be entertained at any stage of the competition.